From the owners and staff of the City Center Garden Market: Advice and Views on the practical implementation of a locally-based, sustainable, and healthy lifestyle.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks - Giving

The start to the holiday season is here! I just finished making pies. Tomorrow we'll be making mashed potatoes. Food coma, here I come!

I was watching Michael Chirello on Food Network, and he made pesto mashed potatoes, and I think I may take at least a few of the 10lbs of mashed potatoes we're making and add some Market pesto - it sounds delicious!

I can't wait for the traditional turkey spread my family puts on up at Amboy Hall. Yes, we rent Amboy Hall and have our Thanksgiving meal there. Last year we had around 60 people, and it seems to grow every year. It is a great family gathering!

The other thing I look forward to this weekend is Christmas Trees!! The kids will be anxious to pick one (or two) out and start trimming. It's hard to believe it's already that time of year. We also have pine roping in up at the Market. All the evergreen you need to trim your house for the season!

In the spirit of the holiday, allow me to thank you so much for continuing to support our family with your continued patronage at the Market. From us to you ... have a blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your strategies, voice your opinions (nicely;), ask your questions - we really want to hear what you think!